Year Two Network
Aims of the Network:
- To raise the attainment of children in year two classrooms
- To evaluate the outcomes of practice in year two classrooms, related to pupil learning
- To review notions of best practice and to share current practice
Rehana Fazil – Year 2 team leader at Cranbrook Primary School
Joining the Network:
Teachers in year two classes are invited to join this network. To do so, please contact Stella Kalaidzi (Teaching Alliance Administrator) email@example.com, or 85501803, giving name, school, e-mail address.
Deadline for applications: Friday 5th October 2018
Over the course of the next school year, the members of the network will work collaboratively to look at the variety of practice in our classrooms. We will look at a number of themes and at the first meeting agree on coming priorities, which may include the following themes:
- Evidencing professional judgements in assessment
- Marking and feedback
- Moderation opportunities
- Barriers to learning and how to overcome them
- Sharing attainment data
- Visit different schools and view settings and practice.
The aim is to enable schools to make informed choices about the best teaching to promote, in order to achieve the highest pupil outcomes.
- Wednesday 17th October 2018, 9:30am – 12pm at Cranbrook Primary
- Session 2 – Wednesday 5th December 2018, 9.30am – 12pm at Eastbury Primary
- Session 3 – Wednesday 13th February 2019, 9.30am – 12pm at Mayespark Primary
- Session 4 – Wednesday 27th March 2019, 9.30am – 12pm at Highlands Primary
- Session 5 – Wednesday 22nd May 2019, 9.30am – 12pm at Gearies Primary
- Session 6 – Wednesday 3rd July 2019, 9.30am – 12pm at Cranbrook Primary (Review and Evaluate)
There is no charge for membership of this network.