Wider Curriculum Network
Aims of the Networks:
- To review the development of your broad and balanced curriculum, in relation to Ofsted’s new focus
- To create a group of reflective and evaluative professionals
Joining the Network:
Senior leaders or curriculum leaders are invited to join this network. To do so, please contact Stella Kalaidzi (Teaching Alliance Administrator) email@example.com, or 020 8550 1803, giving name, school, email address.
The focus of training for the planned sessions: designing your curriculum, the leadership of curriculum, assessment of your content, school-wide strategy.
The sessions will be broken down into the following aspects:
- understanding the importance of the curriculum and how this is underpinned by the key ideas behind Ofsted’s new framework (Intent, implementation, impact).
- key principles in applying the science of learning to curriculum.
- understanding the importance in developing a shared language and shared knowledge to develop an effective curriculum through curriculum leadership.
- know that distributing leadership to the appropriate expertise is important for curriculum sustainability and leadership capacity.
- know that leaders and stakeholders need curriculum knowledge to understand and interrogate the curriculum responsibly
- know the principles of effective assessment.
- know that formative assessment should allow us to respond and adapt to the needs of our pupils.
- identify strategies to help elicit change
Between each session participants are required to reflect on the discussions and to evaluate their curriculum and identify aspects that they need to adapt or review which will be discussed at the beginning of the next of session.
Meetings will be held once a term between 2:00pm to 4:00pm at participating schools.
Thursday 28th November 2019 @ Eastbury Primary School
Thursday 27th February 2020 @ Gearies Primary School
Thursday 4th June 2020 – venue to be confirmed
No charge – Free to take part