Aims of the Network:
- To enable PE leads and schools across the borough to have consistent links with other schools in order to provide children with regular opportunities throughout the school year to play competitively against other children in their local area.
- To empower and support children with SEN to have increased participation in extracurricular opportunities and competitive sporting activities.
Sophie Golding – Teacher and PE lead at Highlands Primary School
Joining the Network:
Schools are invited to join this network. To do so, please contact Stella Kalaidzi (Teaching Alliance Administrator) email@example.com, or 85501803, giving name, school, e-mail address.
Deadline for applications: Friday 28th September 2018
- Over the course of the school year, the members of the network will work collaboratively to develop a calendar of sporting activities to raise the profile and participation in competitive sport. The network will run over the course of the entire year and not just in the summer term for one off events. The calendar will include a variety of different sports across the year.
- The aim is to enable schools to increase the motivation and participation of all children in sport through providing increased opportunities for them to apply and use the skills they are learning during PE lessons and extra-curricular activities. In addition we will be looking at how we can best include our children with SEN to ensure they are receiving equal opportunities to participate competitively. Including a variety of different sports will also help us to expose a wider range of children to competitions.
- The network will also seek to encourage a collaborative approach when looking at best practice across the borough and also the sharing of additional opportunities.
- Our main focus is to create as many sporting experiences across the year for as many children as we can. The sports to be included for the coming year will be decided at the first meeting.
- Wednesday 10th October 2018, 1pm to 3.30pm @ Highlands Primary School
- Dates and venues for the sports activities to be organised for each coming half term to be agreed at the above meeting
There is no charge for membership of this network.