Network for Recently Qualified Teachers (RQTs)
Aims of the Networks:
- To provide a tailor-made CPD programme to support RQTs throughout their second teaching year
- To create a group of reflective and evaluative practitioners who implement CPD into their everyday practice
- To give RQTs the opportunity to observe practice amongst the participating schools
Any school may join this Network; the focus of training is negotiated by the member RQTs in response to their identified needs.
Core elements include:
- Achieving your new personal targets
- The REP “Framework for teaching”
- The REP “Leadership Framework” – preparing for a leadership role
- Deeper subject knowledge – reading, writing and mathematics
- Research project with negotiated theme
- Meeting the needs of more able children
- An introduction to relevant resources on LGfL
Danielle Vorley – Specialist Leader of Education at Highlands Primary school
Joining the Network:
NQTs are invited to join this network. To do so, please contact Stella Kalaidzi (Teaching Alliance Administrator) firstname.lastname@example.org, or 020 8550 1803, giving name, school and email address.
Tuesday 20th November 2018, 1.30pm – 3.30pm @ Highlands Primary School
Subsequent dates and venues for the meetings in each coming half term to be agreed at the first meeting.
£90 per delegate for the year.